Laura E. Keeney
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Master of Arts in Art Education, Current GPA 4.0
Expected Graduation Date, December, 2014
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art Education, Magna Cum Laude
Painting and Printmaking Minor, Cumulative GPA 3.62
Academic Honors: Deans List, Spring 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007,
Relevant Coursework: Digital Printmaking, Photoshop, Photography, Wheel-throwing, Jewelry-making, iMovie
Collegiate Professional License for Visual Arts PreK-12
License number: CP-0632775
Date of Certification: 06/2008
Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
100 Hour TEFL Online Diploma, ACCET* Certification Nº TO0014853
Date of completion: 07/08/2010
30 hours Professional Development Certificate
AP Studio Art: Drawing, 2D Design, and 3D Design
Currently hold College Board Certified AP Syllabus
Date of Acceptance 10/13/2012
K-12 Art Teacher, American Academy Casablanca, Casablanca, Morocco Fall 2011-Summer 2013
· Currently the only Art Educator in a school of over 300 ESL students
from a wide variety of different backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, and
abilities, ranging from nursery to grade 12.
· Developing and designing a stable, collaborative, and productive K-12
Art, Advanced Studio Portfolio, AP Drawing, and Yearbook curriculum
previously absent at the school.
· Managing orders, planning, and budgeting for the Art Department for the
2012-2013 school year.
· Head Coach of Ms/Hs Running Club, Ms/Hs Track, and Assistant Coach of
Boys Middle School Volleyball.
· Chair of the Orientation Committee, and active participant in the Monthly
TEFL Teacher, Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education, Haan Elementary School, Gwangmyeong, South Korea Spring 2010- Spring 2011
· Contracted by Public Schools of Education in South Korea to teach English as
a Foreign Language.
· Worked with a Korean co-teacher to teach 3rd, 5th and 6th graders
according to Korean curriculum requirements.
· Created and implemented lesson plans that stimulate elementary school
students and generate a positive learning atmosphere.
· Responsible for designing, organizing, and teaching an appropriate
curriculum for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade extracurricular English classes that
meet twice a week as well as winter and summer English camps.
TEFL Teacher, Worldteach, Ministry of Education, Liceo Isidora Ramos, Lebu, Chile, Fall 2009
· Primary EFL professor for nearly 400 students in secondary school setting.
· Designed and implemented lessons and evaluations for multi-level classrooms.
· Participated in various professional development sessions in relation to
Communicative Approach teaching methods , and practiced the
Communicative Approach in the classroom.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Lead Mural Intern, Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC), Harrisburg, PA Summer 2008
· Worked with the PDC, the Mural Arts Program and YWCA of York, PA to
create a community inspired mural.
· Networked with eight neighborhood committees and youth groups to design,
paint and install a four-pane mural.
· Managed a budget consisting of $2,000 as well as over four project
donations and over 50 project volunteers.
Head Coach, Huguenot Little League, Richmond, VA, Spring 2009
· Schedule and conduct softball practice and games at least twice a week with
girls ages 13-16.
· Created team and position placement according to assessed ability level.
· Managed a team of fifteen girls, and two assistant coaches.
Jodi Mulder, Head of School, American Academy Casablanca
+212 (0)522 25 88 06
Darlene Heilman, College Counselor/AP Coordinator, American Academy Casablanca
+212 (0)522 25 88 06
Mrs. B Ouharda, 2nd Grade Teacher,
American Academy Casablanca
Reference available upon request.
Eunhee Kim, English Teacher, Gyeonggi-Do, South Korea
* ACCET- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training; US Department of Education Recognized Agency.